Playing the violin is a wonderful thing to do, but imagine how awesome it would be to be able to also play its neglected but sonorous sister, the viola. I have given two violas to RSSC, and plan to run an elective each camp for violinists to experience the joy, learn the clef and explore the differences.
Being able to play both instruments will ensure you are constantly in demand for orchestras and chamber groups. Your musical life will be enriched beyond belief by experiencing music from the middle of the sound and discovering the genius of composers who created magic with their writing for inner voices.
Have I persuaded you?
You can come along for the week to try it out for yourself as an elective, or if you really want to give it a red-hot go you can join one of the orchestras as a violist—I’ll make sure to start you off on the first day with enough knowledge to get you through your first rehearsal.
There will be a space on the application form for you to sign up.
Send it to Everyone!
Application Form coming very soon!
Dates for the 2022 RSSC: Sunday, 9th of January to Saturday, 15th of January.
Application forms are not available just now.
There will be an early booking discount – details to follow.
Mark the dates in your diary, and watch this space – – –
Many thanks to Camp Clayton who have been working hard to enable us to put the camp on this year.
There are some things that Camp Clayton have asked that we comply with in order to run the camp:
- on arrival every individual will need to have their temperature taken by one of our staff
- anyone entering the building will need to bring a Health Screening Form signed on that day. Here is a link to the Health Screening Form (we will have some printed copies at camp)
- (for people who are staying off-site you will need to do these every day)
- please only enter the Camp Clayton buildings through the double doors to the Dining Room, where there will be a testing/signing station. If this is not manned, please wait outside until someone arrives to assist you
- please check the What to Bring page as there are some important changes that Camp Clayton have asked us to make
- anyone showing cold/flu – like symptoms, or who shows a temperature reading of over 37.4 degrees Celsius, or who are not acting in accordance with Camp Clayton’s Covid policy will be asked to leave Camp Clayton immediately
- parents – please be aware of this and be prepared that you may need to pick up your children at short notice during the week
We are working on the assumption that the 2021 RSSC will go ahead and are currently working with Camp Clayton to nut out how we can run it with the current COVID-19 restrictions.
Applications for the 2021 String Camp will close on Christmas Eve. If the camp needs to close for COVID-19 related causes then at this stage there will be a full refund.
Once we have worked things out with Camp Clayton we will be putting the latest information on this website – – so keep watching!