The timetable for the 28th Residential Summer String Camp has some changes from previous years. We believe these will improve the camp. We also apologise for announcing these changes so close to the date that the camp begins.
All lunches and dinners are starting 30 minutes earlier. This includes lunch on the final day of the camp. The concert after lunch will also begin 30 minutes earlier:
The concert on the 20th of January 2018 will begin at 1:30pm.
Concert guests may begin arriving on-site and entering the Stadium from 1:00pm.
The concert will end at approximately 3:00pm.
These and other changes are described in the revised Information Sheets.
We strongly recommend reading them this week. This is also a good time to make sure that you have all the items listed under “What to Bring” on page 2.
Other changes introduced in these Information Sheets:
- The contact telephone number to use for urgent calls or SMS has changed.
- Announcements at the start of the camp on the 14th of January 2018 will be made in the Dining Room at 6:15pm.
- RSSC administrative staff will usually be found in the Dining Room, not the Office.
- Outside of rehearsal times, adults may leave the site as usual. However, you must sign in and out with the administrative staff in the Dining Room so we know who is on-site.
- If you were wondering what you will do instead of chamber music, that is also covered.
After many years as LYCO treasurer and camps administrator, Virginia de Groot is retiring from the LYCO Committee.
The LYCO and RSSC boards wish to thank Virginia for her huge contribution over the years. With Virginia’s retirement from these positions there will be changes to the registration process. We hope to make the transition as simple as possible.
Membership and camp enquiries should now be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSSC recordings dating back to 2005 exist, but for many years we didn’t have room on the website to store them all. We also had problems trying to provide formats suitable for all browsers. To avoid these problems, RSSC recordings are now stored on the specialist music hosting service Bandcamp. To hear or download them, go to the Galleries and select a year from 2005 onwards. We also have 2003, but the 2004 concert was not recorded. Can you find the piece that has been performed three times since then?
The RSSC 2016 Gallery contains the first pictures and recordings from the camp. We will add more next week.
Also, the 27th Residential Summer String Camp will run from 15th January 2017 to 21st January 2017.