These rules are to be read as forming part of the Launceston Youth & Community Orchestra Inc. Constitution.
All members must indicate acceptance of these Rules as part of their annual membership application.
- Members should pay all prescribed fees in the time frame set by the committee.
- Failure to pay fees may lead to members being excluded from rehearsals and concerts.
- All members are required to complete an annual application for membership to be approved by the committee.
- New members should submit their application for membership after attending three rehearsals.
- The committee reserves the right to refuse a membership application (ref: LYCO Constitution).
- If any member has any issues with any of these rules or with any other member or situation, this should be reported to the committee chair for resolution.
- All members should be aware that the LYCO is a combined group. This places an extra responsibility on adults to maintain exemplary behaviour at all times.
- Members should take responsibility for their own instruments and equipment at rehearsal and arrange insurance if needed.
Note: On no account may any sheet music be taken from the Orchestra Folders (unless expressly authorised by Margaret).
- All members on accepting membership take responsibility for preparing their instrumental parts to the best of their ability.
- All sheet music provided should be maintained in good condition and returned to the LYCO librarian/s at the conclusion of each year or when no longer required. For copyright reasons, all practice copies provided or printed out by members remain the property of LYCO.
- Any member who leaves any of the orchestras before the end of the year should ensure that all sheet music is returned.
- Any editorial markings made on the music by members should be in pencil.
- Children must be brought into the rehearsal room by a parent or designated adult guardian and collected from the rehearsal room at the end of each rehearsal.
- No member may enter the City Baptist Church before 3:30pm.
- The advertised rehearsal starting time is the time when the orchestra should be seated and tuning. Members should endeavour to arrive 10 minutes before this time.
- Members should assist where possible with setting up and packing up the orchestra before and after rehearsals.
- Members should undertake to attend all rehearsals. If a member will miss a rehearsal, the musical director (Margaret Hoban, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0403 155 852) should be notified in advance. Members with poor attendance may be unable to play in concerts.
Accepted by the LYCO committee as a document November 2007
Amended: January 2014, February 2016, May 2018, February 2019